Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chinese censorship

   While reading this NY times article on how bad the censoring of websites and such really is in China, I took a huge sigh of relief that I don't live there. I knew a little about how people in Beijing and surrounding areas were not allowed to see certain things. But I did not know these people couldn't use such sites as Google or YouTube. They can't even use such words as protest over the phone without the call being cut out. This type of stuff just scares me. It scares me that people are actually forced to live under that type of oppression and rule. I wanna know why the Chinese governments think this is ok, and their reasons for doing so. If you think about it, America and China are opposites. Here we can do and say almost as we please regarding our thoughts on the government. In China, it's a completely different world.

No comments:

Post a Comment